Sunday, August 31, 2008

4th of July 2008

This post marks the one year anniversary of my blog! The first posting I made was 4th of July 2007. The postings are getting few and far between but eventually I get you all caught up!

We went to the Snoqualamie Community 4th of July party this year. Here we are on the train looking like cage animals.
What could be better then cotton candy?! Here is a fine display of how one should eat cotton candy.
Jake wanted to ride the ponies and was so excited right up until the point of mounting up. But dad made him stick with it. Jake screamed all the way around the (shortened) loop. Afterwards he talked about how next time he wasn't going to cry and how brave he was to stay on the horse even though it was scary. Mike is so good at pushing Jake to do things he is nervous about. I would have just yanked him off the horse and save myself the heartache of listening to him cry!
Fortunately I had Ben. Ben couldn't figure out what Jake was crying about. He just cowboyed up and rode like a champ!


No comments: