Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cambodia - can't keep track of the days anymore

The youth camp ended up as expected being a powerful time for the kids. Many gave their hearts to Jesus and you could just watch the healing take place. Not only did the kids receive healing but God has really met me hear too. Physically I have hardly even thought about my back, but more than that, I have this deep peace, a knowing that God has healed and changed me in a way that has no words to describe. There was a pastor here from Hawaii, a mentor of Pastor Charlie's and another women from his church. They have a prophetic prayer ministry and spent some time praying over me. It was really a thing only God can do. I have had some dreams, I have heard God's voice on some things in my life and as they prayed over me the things God had already told me, they prayed for me. I didn't tell them a thing and God spoke to me clearly thru them bringing healing, understanding, and wholeness. If you have ever experienced God in this way, you know, you know that no words can ever express, do justice the way God touched a my heart. And not only that, but I experienced his gifts in my life in a supernatural way as he has answered my prayers and birthed a new ministry in my life of bringing healing to others.

You know i am not much for dancing...I guess the Cambodians have brought it out in me...they sure know how to party. :) That's been one of my favorite parts of this trip...I think I got my groove on. Robin, that's for you...I thought you'd want to know. :)

This morning we had a baptism service. We took the entire camp to the beach and all the staff (probably 15 of us) lined up in the water and baptised person after person. It was really something to be a part of. To think all these young people commissioned to go back into their homes, changed forever.

What a journey. I love this place. It's fantastic...but I don't have time or words to write the rest now. We just got to the hotel and a line is forming for the computer...so I will try to sneak on a bit later and get you all updated on the many stories later tonight.


I am sooooooo homesick for my kids. I love you Mike, Jake, Ben and Josh. Can't wait to be home to hug and hold you all.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Love reading about what God is doing in Cambodia and within you. The joy of the Lord comes out in our feet and our bodies. Not a Nazarene concept, but a real one. We continue to pray for you and your family.
Love,
Mom